Review: Women of the Anarchy by Sharon Bennett Connolly

  I'll be honest - even though I studied history right through school and then at University, I never learned about the period in Englis...

Monday 7 June 2021

Review: Tithe Barns by Joseph Rogers

Tithe Barns by Joseph Rogers is a little gem of a book. 

Crammed with lovely photographs and illustrations, it takes the reader on a fireside journey and makes you feel rather nostalgic looking at and reading about these wonderful medieval buildings and their quaint village settings.

Perhaps lockdown heightened my enjoyment too, going some way to satisfying my craving for trips out to different parts of the country.

When I get out and about again I shall keep my eye out for these and other such buildings, with a new appreciation for them and their history.

It was especially interesting to see how some have survived, some have fallen to decay and some have been repurposed, in an astonishing variety of ways: as MOT garages, restaurants, and wedding and rock convert venues.

Mr Rogers writes in a conversational style, and clearly has a great affection for his subject matter.

A real little jewel and well worth reading.

[I was sent a copy of this book by the publishers, with no obligation to review.]

Available to pre-order at: Amberley Books

and at Amazon

Tithe Barns will be released on 15 June 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment