Review: Women of the Anarchy by Sharon Bennett Connolly

  I'll be honest - even though I studied history right through school and then at University, I never learned about the period in Englis...

Tuesday 7 August 2018

4 Questions, 3 Pictures, 2 Links: Loretta Livingstone

Continuing our monthly series, where I ask authors four questions and ask them to supply three pics and two links, this month it's the turn of Loretta Livingstone:

Hi, who are you?
My name is Loretta Livingstone. I'm a British author living in the beautiful Chiltern Hills with my husband and cat.




What do you write about?
I now write fiction set in the twelfth century with a dash of time travel. I used to write more contemporary stuff - but that's another story.

Which character will we love to love, and why?
I hope you'll love my medieval abbess, Hildegarde of Sparnstow. A time traveller herself, she has appeared in my first two books (Out of Time and A Promise to Keep) and will be in several more. She's been living in the twelfth century for over thirty years now and missed drinking tea dreadfully until she found a secret supplier, although you won't hear about that in my next book. She's in her fifties with a great understanding of the human heart, an unusual sense of humour (for a medieval nun) and nothing much phases her - except when the occasional relative from her own time manages to show up (A Promise to Keep).



Which character will we love to hate, and why?
Oh, I'm sure you'll love to hate Prince John. He just can't help himself - although he does like to help himself - to lands and ladies given half a chance. 



Thanks so much for talking us today Loretta!

Here are Loretta's two links:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Loretta-Livingstone
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/lorettasuthorsblog/

No comments:

Post a Comment